ducks are great for broken hearts!! *pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Jun 22, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    so yesterday i got so baaad news. i was crying when i found out. so i went in the back and hung out with my dad. well quackers ended up going in the house to sit on her eggs so duckie was lonely. we let him out of the pen to come hang out with us. he was sooooo happy! he wagged his tail the whole time and he followed me everywhere. he was like my little puppy. LOL he was following me inside the house and everything. it was sooo cute!! then i went to sit down on my chair and he was sitting there staring at me. so i picked up him and put him in my lap. i totally forgot about what made me cry and i was sooo happy that duckie was in my lap. he's such a gooood boy!! i love him!! he sat there for about a half hour. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] Oh sooo sweet!!

3. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwwwww, now that does make me cry.... in a good way. Very sweet!

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I know exactly what you mean [​IMG] Whenever i get in a fight with my family or need someone to understand - I just go sit with my ducks/ geese. the geese run up to me and try to all plop into my lap

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:x 2

6. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    [​IMG] i actually did start to cry LOL i wasn't going to add that LOL but eh why not. i swear sometimes i was blessed with the best drake in the world. he's sooooo sweet and loves his mommy to pieces. it was funny cuz my dad was trying to pet him and duckie didn't like that so he was biting my dad LOL but he was loving up on me [​IMG] i had to call my mom (she's in washington with my sister who had her 5th baby last week) and then i called my grandparents LOL

goat_walker i think that will be my new way to let off steam!! that's soo cute i want geese but my mom says NO!!!! she said i can if we move to bigger land so she won't have to go near them. she swears they are mean and can't be nice. she was chased by one when she was little. it was a wild goose at a park [​IMG]

7. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    My geese are my new loves, lol. They make the CUTEST little noises! ( they are only about 7 - 8 weeks old ) and they will just walk up and plop down in my lap. They eat out of my hand and let me pet them/ pick them up when ever i want ! MUCH nicer than just about any duck/duckling ive had. Although, i think these guys understand that i "rescued" them. They were in very poor health when i bought them, but now they run around the yard with their little wings spread out and have become a perfect part of my younger flock, lol

8. JosieR

JosieR Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Orange County, NY
    Such a nice story. I think our animals cans sense when we need a little extra love. My ducks only want to know me when I'm carrying peas so you have a real sweetie there. And I hope you feel better!

9. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweee you need to have a talk with my mom goat_walker!! LOL that's sooo cute. and good for you for rescuing them!! [​IMG] where did you rescue them?? we have this swap meet close to us and that's where i got my ducks. the poor things [​IMG] i got the 2 healthiest ones. it was sad i wish i could take them all. i am no longer allowed to go because i get tooo sad and talk about it for days! last time i was there they had s few gosling. i was about to buy one when my mom wasn't looking LOL but she caught me [​IMG] when i talk to people who don't have poultry and ask me STUPID question, they ask where i got them and i said the swap meet and someone actually told me "oh you are supposed to eat them not raise them to be your pets" ummmexcuse meis there some kind of law that says that??? i can do whatever i want with them and i also added that i would never eat a duck and i don't wana hear about those who do!!

thank you JosieR.. he is a sweetie. he was inside for 7 months and we had a broody hen in my bedroom soo it was me and him a majority of the time so we bonded. i used to be closer with my hen but she doesn't like me anymore. she used to sit on my lap and watch tv with me. she likes desperate housewives LOL but once she went broody, she kinda lost her niceness. sooo duckie is my little man. he's been a complete mamma's boy since we bonded. my hen only likes me when i have catfood LOL

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Oh you would not believe the questions I get from people where i sell my ducklings ( local flea market ) some of them just make me feel so smart, lol.
    And i got them from a guy that mass buys from swaps. so he got them from the swap and then kept them in a huge room with chickens, ducks, guineas, peacocks, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by