1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks are so much fun :D

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ilovemyduckies, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    So a few days ago, I let my ducks out of their pen while I was watering the grass. Since I already had the hoes, I sprayed them with it. At first they run off, then look at me like "what'd you do that for?" Then, two minutes later, their sitting, just looking at me. So I sprayed them with the hoes. Again they run a way. Then they come and sit next to me, standing as tall as they can, breast out, waiting for me to spray them. So I do, and they just sit there in front of the water until I stop (all but one, who has been completely avoiding it). Then, every time I walked away, they follow me, until I sprayed them with the hoes again. Then they kept following me until I finally, I filled up their pond. Ducks are so much fun :D Just had to share.

PICS!!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Aawww, so cute!

3. Milk Glass Chicky

Milk Glass Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2011
    Cuteness! I want at least a couple of ducks (got to wait a bit longer, something's always coming up and it never seems like a good time to take on more critters). My grandma had some over the years along with many other critters, the last being mallards. The male named Jackie lived to be several years old (I was born in 1990, he was around before then) until some predator got the poor boy in 2006 or '07 I think. But he was a character.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They do make me smile. [​IMG]

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Great vignette!

6. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    I think it's funny how they want it but they don't!! Cute idea for their pond. I'm wanting to get something that has a cover as well.

7. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Haha, yeah, it's funny to watch them try to go under water when it is barely 1/2 ft deep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by