Ducks are testing my patience!!!

Pics

Ducky2021

Chirping
Mar 20, 2021
Seriously! We’re on day 27 no pips nothing. Ive been up since 6am just staring into the bator. I’ve grown 10 extra grey hairs in that time. What are they doing to me. How long? 😭 how long until they’re here. How do I pass the time?! This is me patiently waiting!

It is torture waiting for 'something' to happen.

If none have pipped externally then there's nothing stopping you opening the incubator and candling the eggs (in place if you can, or keep them in the same position they are sitting in inside the incubator) to see what's going on. Hopefully they are just being a bit slow. The air cells should have drawn down on one side and you might see them creating a bit of a shadow in the air cell before they pip internally.

I hope something starts happening for you soon - then it's the torture of waiting for them to start unzipping, which can take up to 48 hours from the external pip.

I can see a little triangle shaped shadow when I shine the light on the air cell from outside the incubator. I’m hoping this is the beak trying to break into the air cell. I’ve lost so many. I’m on my last 2 so I’m hoping they both make it. They were both wiggling this morning. I noticed whilst I was staring at them for an hour 😭😩
This feel longer than my pregnancy

I can see a little triangle shaped shadow when I shine the light on the air cell from outside the incubator. I’m hoping this is the beak trying to break into the air cell. I’ve lost so many. I’m on my last 2 so I’m hoping they both make it. They were both wiggling this morning. I noticed whilst I was staring at them for an hour 😭😩
This feel longer than my pregnancy
:fl for your little survivors. Yes, that sounds like they are gearing up to pip internally.

It really is torture! :hugs All you can do is wait (which is the hardest thing to do). I'd like to say it gets easier, but it never has for me. 😂

Pleaseeeeeee hatch duckies. It’s day 28 tomorrow. I can’t even concentrate at work. I have another 5 hours until I’m home to stare at them again. Time is going soooo slow. What do you do to pass the time? Help me I’m losing my mind 🤣🤣
Don’t think the other half will let me incubate again. He’s getting sick of me talking about them. I’m so obsessed

Back
Top Bottom