Ducks as Pets - HELP

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack

ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    TX
    Does any well known and reputable poultry association say ducks are domestic pets? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I need help because my neighborhood is trying to either kick me out/take away my ducks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] if i don't find proof, even though they only say that I cant have chickens,cows, or pigs. PLEASE HELP I DONT WANNA LOSE MY BABIES!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    This is the definition of domestic ducks. Now your neighborhood MAY have a different definition(meaning dogs, cats, like that). You need to find out in writing what they mean by domestic.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_duck

3. ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack

Jul 9, 2011
    TX
    Thanx To You And Others In Advance If I Get Any Responses !!!

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    What breed/breeds do you have? Do you live in a subdivision? If you have an HOA, those blasted things are pretty hard to fight.

5. WalkerH

WalkerH Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope it isn't the HOA making you get rid of the ducks. They pretty much control your life. I know that my parents avoided moving anywhere where there was HOA fees. Because of the fact the wanted goats and chickens...and then they got ducks too.

6. ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack

Jul 9, 2011
    TX
    Welsh Harlequin and yes we sadly have a HOA but I'll win because they didn't specify. HOPEFULLY KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack

Jul 9, 2011
    TX
    Omen on here is about to have welsh harlequin babies. so if I win I'll buy some from her and annoy the HOA on purpose.

8. WalkerH

I would probably wait to buy them...in case they do make you get rid of the ducks.

9. ShuckyDuckyQuackQuack

Jul 9, 2011
    TX
    good point but just in case I know some people who can take care of my duckies if they don't let me keep them.

10. WalkerH

Well that is good! At least you would be able to visit them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by