Ducks attacked by stray dogs, when will they lay eggs again?

MamaDucken

Chirping
Apr 12, 2016
Monahans, Texas
So a little over a week ago, my 11 ducks were attacked by 4-5 dogs. They killed 7 of my ducks, leaving 1 male and 3 females alive. The surviving male had no injuries whatsoever, 2 females have limps now (one runs sideways, like a crab, now to get away from me if I walk into the pen) and the last female had an open wound on her back. She gets up and walks around, she's eating and drinking and swimming like nothing is wrong. My question is, when will they start laying again? I'm pretty sure one female has a form of PTSD, cause if you get near her, she starts quacking like crazy while nodding her head. Some days, you don't have to be any where near her.

They are probably scared to death still. Sounds very traumatizing. I would be more concerned about the open wound. And they way they are walking.. sounds like they need checked over really well. Sometimes there are even more hidden wounds on bellies, under wings etc. always diff for when they may start laying again. Could be a month or so. Could be less. They need time to settle down and to heal.

Back
Top Bottom