Ducks attend Family Reading Night

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
I took 5 of my ducks to school for "Family Reading Night." We live in Alaska, children in our community don't get much of an opportunity to see domestic ducks up close. I put down a big blue tarp on the floor and zip tied these fence panels together a fellow duck keeper friend of mine gave me. Then I threw a little straw in and a water bucket, and added five runner ducks. I also brought a bag of peas, so students could feed my ducks. (not too many though) I haven't added the pictures with the students because I can't put them online - but imagine a bunch of little kids all around the duck fence feeding and petting the ducks. My ducks took it real well and weren't freaked out at all. I brought a pile of picture books to read to the students, but they were having so much fun with the ducks we never got to the books - maybe next time.

28584_family_reading_night_005.jpg

28584_family_reading_night_003.jpg

28584_family_reading_night_002.jpg

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
We didn't get to the books this time. The kids were so focused on the ducks, it would have been really hard to get their attention. I will probably do it again next year, maybe have an area outside the "duck room" to share books with them. I think that will work.

Top Bottom