Ducks becoming less friendly

Jayellebee

Songster
Mar 19, 2018
New York
hi all- I have 10 khaki Campbell’s. They’re 6 weeks old. They’ve always been a little flighty around me, but would come up to me for treats. I’ve noticed the last couple days, they want nothing to do with me. I keep a schedule with them, talking to them the same way I always did, feeding and watering at the same time, and with treats. Now when they see me, they go into a full panic, and run all over each other and start quacking and screaming. We have a sunroom off the back of our house that faces the duck enclosure and when they see me out in the room, they even run! It’s horrible! Does any one have any ideas what happened to my ducks? Or what I can do to help them like me again? Thank you!!

hi all- I have 10 khaki Campbell’s. They’re 6 weeks old. They’ve always been a little flighty around me, but would come up to me for treats. I’ve noticed the last couple days, they want nothing to do with me. I keep a schedule with them, talking to them the same way I always did, feeding and watering at the same time, and with treats. Now when they see me, they go into a full panic, and run all over each other and start quacking and screaming. We have a sunroom off the back of our house that faces the duck enclosure and when they see me out in the room, they even run! It’s horrible! Does any one have any ideas what happened to my ducks? Or what I can do to help them like me again? Thank you!!
Hi! I also have khaki Campbell's and am having the same problem. I can't go near them without them freaking out. I'm not sure if it's their age and maybe they will settle down once they get a little older. I know how frustrating it is to give them all the time and attention and then they act like your the enemy.

I don't think the khakis behavior will be influenced by the pekins. But, have heard pekins are fairly friendly birds if that is what you want.

It's their age.. Ducks generally don't like being held. They go through a faze I call Gingerbread Man Syndrome..They calm again as they mature. No need for Pekin Ducks.
Once moved out to the Coop and Run they calm down as you sit and watch them..I have two also right now that are wild little things..Soon they will be introduced to the Flock and will calm down.

Back
Top Bottom