Ducks-doves-dogs for sale/free in East Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SassafrasSprings, May 22, 2008.

1. SassafrasSprings

SassafrasSprings Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Lots for sale! Trying to cut back on the feed bill. :eek: [​IMG]

I have or can take pictures of any of these, just email or PM me. [​IMG]

I'll give discounts if you take more than 2 of anything. We are about 3 miles from Arkansas. We will be happy to meet or deliver within 20 miles of Westville, OK (zip 74965) for free and will consider further for help with gas money. No shipping.

Four ringneck doves, I think it's 2 pairs but not sure, have raised babies in the past. $30 all

Call and black east indies ducks, adults, $10 each

ACA Schipperke puppies, born Jan. 25, 2008. 2 males, 3 females, have had puppy shots and been wormed several times, housetrained to dog door. Very sweet! $200 each

Sabra, 1/2 great pyrenese, 1/2 anatolian shepard, livestock guardian dog, 6 year old female, not spayed. She is great with goats and poultry, very friendly, somewhat leash trained. She needs to be the only large female dog, she has had dominance issues with other large females, is fine with males. Has been great with small house dogs, male or female. She is a great varmint killer. She has killed several possums, raccoons, skunks, etc. that have been after my birds. $200 to right home

Sandy, 3/4 great pyrenese, 1/4 anatolian shepard, livestock guardian dog, 7 year old female, not spayed. She is great with goats and had usually been great with poultry but I have seen her with a fresh dead chicken and duck 3 times now so I'm not sure if she is killing them or not. She needs to be the only large female dog, she has dominance issues with other large females, is fine with males. Has been great with small house dogs, male or female. Fairly well leash trained and very friendly with people. Free to the right home.

1/2 great pyrenese, 1/4 anatolian shepard, 1/4 collie (lassie type) puppies, 1 female, 4 males. Born Sept. 07. Have had puppy shots and wormed. Would be great farm dogs, just need some one on one attention. They are friendly but I have not worked with them. Free

Edited to remove sold animals. [​IMG] Still have the ones above.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. SassafrasSprings

Sep 11, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Last chance on the poultry and birds! We are taking them to auction on Saturday. Let me know if anyone is interested before then.

Edited to add:

We have decided to hold off on the auction for now, I have had quite a bit of interest here.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Do you know what shipping would be approximately? On the doves........

4. SassafrasSprings

Sep 11, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I really do not want to ship. We've been in the 80's and 90's so I'm not sure the post office would take them even if I wanted to deal with it. Sorry.

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    You can generally ship live birds if it'll be 85* or below in all locations that the birds will go through...but truly, I still think that's too hot.

And boy I need to move. All the good stuff is elsewhere! hehe I'd have loved those Calls!

6. SassafrasSprings

Sep 11, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I know that I wouldn't want to be in a box in a truck in this weather. LOL [​IMG] It's so humid and sticky. Yuck! It's 81 degrees and 72% humidity here right now, and it'll be dark in a couple of hours.

I'd really like to find these guys nice homes, wish you were closer. [​IMG]

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Ack, I agree. In some places Express mail still takes 2 days to get there and if the weather changes for the worse...*sigh* I'd be afraid of getting birds cooked en route. :-(

I hope you find great homes for them. :)

8. firefighter1042

firefighter1042 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2008
    Caney,Oklahoma
    Iam interested in your dove I live in Caney, Okla.

9. deeszoo

deeszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    How far are you from Kansas?

DeAnna

10. firefighter1042

firefighter1042 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2008
    Caney,Oklahoma
    I live in the southeastern part of okla about 30 min from tx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by