Ducks dying during hatching..

finley87

Hatching
Feb 22, 2016
Hello

I have been hatching for nearly two years now and I mainly do runner ducks. I upgraded from an octagon incubator last month to an OvaEasy 190 as I was getting poor hatches. Unfortunately, I have had the same issue in my new incubator and the ducks keep dying during the final few days of incubation.. Not too sure why? The humidity is at 60% as I cannot go any higher because it's a multistage incubator. Any ideas what it could be? I am also getting all my birds hatch at different times. They were due yesterday. I had one hatch 24 hours ago and have not had any since. There are a few hatching but they should all be coming out simultaneously? The temperature is 37.5 and humidity during incubation is 45%. Any ideas??? Thank you.

They should be hatching within a few hours of eachother I believe but sometimes it takes a bit so there is still a chance for the other eggs. Humidity should be about 70% on lockdown the eggs are probably nawt hatching because the embryo is too dry. Maybe you should try wrapping them in wet-damp paper towels before lock down. Also for the eggs you have you should check 24 hours after the hatch date and candle them to see if they have internally pipped. If none of them have then the issue is definitely the humidity. If they have then it could be bad luck and you might have to do a few assisted hatchings which you can research how to do on the forum

Back
Top Bottom