Ducks earn their keep

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stargazingmommy, May 10, 2011.

1. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    So I'm a sissy. I will pick up a worm and toss it in the run, but to fish one out of standing water. yuck. gross. to slimey.
    We have been working on putting the pool together the past couple weeks. It rained. we ended up with puddles in the pool. and worms in the puddles.
    I decided the ducks were gonna help out. I shooed them into the pool while we worked on putting the tubing together. Worm fest. It was amazing. The ducks got mad when I made them get out.

[​IMG]

2. srpaint

srpaint Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Illinois
    I love to watch them go crazy for worms. lol Around my house the young chickens find the worms. Usually do not eat them fast enough and the young ducks come running to take the worms away! lol

3. stargazingmommy

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    The chicks have shown no interest in worms since they were playing keep away and Cleo ran right into the jaws of an idiot dog(cleo ran to the fence, dog stuck her head under and snatched her)

4. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    what sweeties you have - they must of thought they were getting a larger swimming area!! [​IMG]

5. stargazingmommy

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    Quote:They are sweeties...and spoiled rotten.
    AND lucky I didn't kill them after they got in my garden and at the tops of the corn sprouts and all my snap peas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by