1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks fight

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bbducks, Apr 16, 2016.

1. bbducks

bbducks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    I think both of my ducks are boys and one of them keeps biting the other while that one bites me. When the duck gets bitten it just stays and doesn't try to fight back. Hasn't been blood yet but I don't think this is normal

2. wolf-hen300

wolf-hen300 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    California
    Check the tail feathers of both your ducks if they are boys they should have a curled feather called a "drake feather" if one dosent have the drake feather but the other has the feather your drake will most likely be trying to breed with your female.
    Hope this helped :3

3. wolf-hen300

Apr 16, 2016
    California

4. bbducks

Apr 16, 2016
    Yeah they both have curled feathers

5. wolf-hen300

Apr 16, 2016
    California
    See if you can get two females for your drakes do not get one. It will make them fight more and they can hurt the female while breeding I have three drakes and one female and my female has an injured eye from the drakes grabing the side of her face while breeding.
    [​IMG] Also drakes wont fight if they are the same age and raised together with geese or swans here are two of my drakes with their flock of geese

6. bbducks

Apr 16, 2016
    my ducks are 1 year apart. It seems though that they only fight when I'm around them. If I watch them out the window, they don't fight

7. wolf-hen300

Apr 16, 2016
    California
    They might be trying to show you whos the strongest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by