Ducks first swim in MONTHS *PICS*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ticks, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    It has been a long winter for my ducks and finally, they have had a nice clean bath.
    [​IMG] a nice clean bath.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    aww they are adorable! where did you get that pool? i have on like it but its too deep for the ducks (pekins) to climb out of. they get stuck.

3. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    i bet they r so happy! nice lookin ducks. [​IMG]

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    They look so content - probably wondering why it took you soooo looonnnggg to get them back into some water. [​IMG]

5. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Happy Ducks! [​IMG]
    Mine just finally got out of the coop since the weather has warmed up. I put a little tub in their outdoor pen & they are in heaven! [​IMG]

6. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh I bet they ar thankful! [​IMG]

My ducks must be spoiled, I change that water 2x a day no matter what the temperature or weather. If I don't they just stand around looking at the dirty water until I get the hint. And it might not make any sense, but they like to bathe in the rain and the snow. [​IMG]

7. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Mine would be SO excited when i could take the pool out during the winter. but they love their water dirty. they pick up grass and dirt and anything else they can find and then put it in the pool. they like to play with everything in the water and eat the grass. silly ducks.

8. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Does anyone think that them not having any bathing water during the winter could cause aggression?

9. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    So far I have had no problem with aggression without a swimming pool for them.

10. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:I have the deeper pool as well, I use stone or pavers and make little pool steps in the pool so even the little one can get out...Steps in, steps out..[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by