1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks got a new tub today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    It's actually a 40 gal tub I got last year. It was a pain to dump when we had it buried for them to easily get in.

Never found any kiddie pools around here so I bought a outside water faucet and hooked them up. I drilled some holes just enough so I could get it to thread, silconed, let it dry and tested it. It drains great and easy to dump the rest out..YEAH!!
    Today I dug out enough to sink it to the bottom of the faucet. Stuck some bricks around it and used their old rubbermaid as a step. My friend had wooded pallets that I was gonna use to build a deck around it but someone threw them out:-( It's ok this will work for now. I've got more bricks under my house that I'll get out later...I'm been working outside since 8 am and pooped.

The girls hadn't noticed it yet. They were too busy napping under the bushes.

Here's the boy rooting around like a bunch of piggys and already got the water muddy. They really seem to like after that 1st jump in and their feet didn't hit the bottom...it scared them.
    [​IMG]

My drain.....
    [​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Great idea! I think I'm gonna "borrow" it too! I have brick steps next to kiddie pool for my little ducks,, but only one is bright enough to use them and I hate sinking it because of trying to change it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by