ducks how to get out of pen?

Yes, they can float but only for a minute. Our's where hand raised, so our hen,Lauren will be playing in the water and you can tell her feathers do not have the oil on them. So I have to keep a close eye on her when she's out there. If Nick is with her she doesn't stay in very long. But one time I had to lock him up because he kept chasing me around the yard and biting on me one day. She stayed in the pond, " hourse trough" for almost 3 hours. I was out working in the yard the whole time and she did fine. But you could tell her feathers are completely different than his. we put a large rock in the bottom. So they have a place to stand while in the water.

wow that is so interesting... I sit out there and watched the babies for 15 minutes plus floating around ducking their heads and when they were done, they just got out. I guess it's just like the goats, they post stuff about them and it really isn't right.

anyway does anyone know how tall they get full grown. I need to cut the gate so they can go in and out and the goats can't get in. :)

Last edited:
Are they old enough to come out? They have bird netting across the top for protection. I sit by them a lot and talk to them but they are such scardy cats.

also they are too young to free range yet they are easily taken by turtles and large fish ( if in a pond that has them ) and hawks will easily carry them off since there white.

id wait at least until all of them are feathered out

Back
Top Bottom