Ducks in new pond (video)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AmyinNC, May 26, 2010.

1. AmyinNC

AmyinNC Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    Eastern, NC
    My dh and some friends have been working on the duck coop which as you can see has a pond. We were hoping to have it finished last week, but the rain ran us all inside. This was last week when I couldn't stand it any longer and wanted the ducks to experience their new pond. They've been using a kiddie pool and as you can see Daffodil especially loves her new pond. When you hear what sounds like a burp..that was actually her. I'll have to take some more videos as this is just a taste of how wild they get.

We've learned a lot from BYC so thank you all for sharing your pics! It really helped.

2. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] FUN FUN FUN.... I just got my Ducks in their NEw Pond too,,,, they totally ignored
    me for 2 days...(thinking they may not be able to stay) But now they are happy to see me.
    I hope to post pics this weekend... xxxooo [​IMG]

3. AmyinNC

Apr 20, 2010
    Eastern, NC
    LOL! That's funny they ignored you. Can't wait to see your pics! I showed dh the spot for my chair...ha!

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I love the video!!! Your ducks are so cute!! What is your pond made out of? I would love to build one just like it. It is too cool!!!

5. AmyinNC

Apr 20, 2010
    Eastern, NC
    Kuntry, Thank you! I must say I've seen some that are much better than ours on here, but I am very pleased with our first little pond and more importantly..the ducks are too [​IMG]

My dh and his friend dug the hole, and then we lined it with a pond liner. It was much easier than I thought it would be, but my dh's friend used to install ponds for a living so he was a great help. They made sure to have a slope to one side so the ducks could get out easily. Another of our friends used to raise ducks himself, so he's been a great help to us as well. We all had a lot of fun watching them.

I was adamant about having the rocks around the edge..lol! That was the one thing I wouldn't let them change my mind about.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That is so nice. They are loving that. I am planning mine out now...tons of work to do because I have two groups which will mean two ponds. [​IMG] LOL

7. AmyinNC

Apr 20, 2010
    Eastern, NC
    Cetawin, it is a lot of hard work, but it's so rewarding when you see them in it [​IMG] . I hope we can see your pics when you're finished with your TWO ponds!

They are spending their first night in their new coop, and we just walked in, and they were still enjoying their pond.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by