Ducks in the house

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So since a tree fell on my pen a few weeks ago, it was bigger than I thought and. Between work and weather we still don’t have it all cleared out. Though surprisingly, it looks like maybe half the materials from the old pen, 4x4s, some 2x4s, hardware cloth and fencing, might be salvageable.
Hoping to finish the cleanup tomorrow and get to work in a new pen next weekend.
In the meantime I have 8 ducks in the house. They stay in dog crates which I clean daily but wow. I love my ducks but I will love them more when they are back outside heh

my wife won’t go into our living room anymore because Peep, the head of my flock, quacks angrily at her and her and my wife have gotten into shouting matches.
They have entranced my dogs. Especially my Lab, who will run over to the crates so the ducks can nip her on the nose before she goes outside

my pot bellied pig is in heaven. She will shove one of the crates over to her bed at night so she can sleep with her duck friends. And she goes to each crate throughout the day to check on them.
I’m very much looking forward to getting my living room back heh

So since a tree fell on my pen a few weeks ago, it was bigger than I thought and. Between work and weather we still don’t have it all cleared out. Though surprisingly, it looks like maybe half the materials from the old pen, 4x4s, some 2x4s, hardware cloth and fencing, might be salvageable.
Hoping to finish the cleanup tomorrow and get to work in a new pen next weekend.
In the meantime I have 8 ducks in the house. They stay in dog crates which I clean daily but wow. I love my ducks but I will love them more when they are back outside heh

my wife won’t go into our living room anymore because Peep, the head of my flock, quacks angrily at her and her and my wife have gotten into shouting matches.
They have entranced my dogs. Especially my Lab, who will run over to the crates so the ducks can nip her on the nose before she goes outside

my pot bellied pig is in heaven. She will shove one of the crates over to her bed at night so she can sleep with her duck friends. And she goes to each crate throughout the day to check on them.
I’m very much looking forward to getting my living room back heh
That made me smile ear to ear, (still giggling).

Sorry to hear about the pen, but it sounds like the rest of your animals really like the situation. lol They'll be sorry when the ducks go back outside, especially the pot bellied pig. Who will it sleep with? :D
She loves the ducks. We’d take her outside and the first thing she would do is run to the duck pen and hang out there with her duck friends and the ducks would all come to the side and quack and chatter at her

so when we brought in a wagon full of her duck friends she was just overjoyed. One morning I went to take her and the dogs outside but she had pulled all the crates over to her bed and had trapped herself in. She wants to be one of the ducks in the worst way 😂

I want a pic of the pot belly she sounds so sweet.
Here are a couple of her. Her name is Penelope,

One just our in the yard and one with her saying good morning at the duck pen

Attachments

• 2BC02C13-F504-4705-BDEE-30EC7E09F87A.jpeg
    2BC02C13-F504-4705-BDEE-30EC7E09F87A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 3C9B23B3-A15D-4B9A-A9F0-391B58FC2DF1.jpeg
    3C9B23B3-A15D-4B9A-A9F0-391B58FC2DF1.jpeg
    737.4 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom