Ducks in winter. SHARE PICS AND VIDEOS!!!

I came across the most bizzare thing today. The university i am working at has asked me to raise a pair of baby flamingos 0.0 the mother is due to lay soon and they want me to raise them :D i think im soo excited i cant think 

I need pics when you have them i would love baby flamingos!!!

Definatey :D i love them too and im excited :D but it will be a while because if she hasnt layed them yet and there incubation is about a month or a little more so i should have them by the begining of march :D

Definatey :D i love them too and im excited :D but it will be a while because if she hasnt layed them yet and there incubation is about a month or a little more so i should have them by the begining of march :D
Will you be taking them home with you or doing this at work? and are Flamingos not good mommies?

Will you be taking them home with you or doing this at work? and are Flamingos not good mommies?
They are both good parents but its there first time breeding and there arnt many so they dont want to risk it as they only lay one egg. So yes i will be taking them home :D they also want them to be imprinted on humans which makes caring for them easier.

I don't have any yet but you are really insipire me! I've only 1/4th of an acre tho so my pond will probably be a bit small :( I wish we had at least an acre so I could give them a nice sized one!

I don't have any yet but you are really insipire me! I've only 1/4th of an acre tho so my pond will probably be a bit small :( I wish we had at least an acre so I could give them a nice sized one!
Whats that? ducks?

Don't worry about pond size some of mine prefer little tub of water over their big pool it's cute this oversized duck in little tub but he loves it. Its also where he had his first swim.

This morning, about 15 minutes after I opened the coop I returned with feed with nobody to be found. I went to the woods and found all of my 8 week old muscovy ducklings taking a swim in the creek. It was their first time in there. It was 26* and with the wind chill felt like 15*. Crazy ducklings. I didn't have a camera with me, so no pic. I thought about getting in but whenever I've done that, by the time I get back out to whereever they are, they are done doing whatever they were doing. ;)

Back
Top Bottom