Ducks Laying

no that does not matter.... ducks lay anywhere and everywhere if they are laying... it's late in the season, and if they are just coming into laying age, they may wait til spring. It has a lot to do with daylight and temp. i believe.

if they were already laying, then it's just a temporary break... ducks will stop laying when they get moved or things in their environment change... when i moved my ducks, they stopped laying for awhile too.

How long do you think before they start laying
and do you think i should shut them up at night? from this picture would you say they were laying.

3156983.jpg

you can't tell from a picture silly... it could take a few more days or maybe longer. the shock of moving might make them stop laying for the season. If ducks are outside and the day is getting shorter, they can take breaks from laying. My ducks tend to lay on and off through the colder season (as they are now) but they live inside my house and get enough light from their daytime colored track lights in their pen. Outdoor ducks only get the sun, so that could be affecting them. Age also affects laying. If they are older ducks, they might be slowing down.

I've never heard that khakis lay all year round, but i know they lay a lot more than any other duck. They almost surely will take some time off during the winter, even if it's short lived.

If they are safe in their run during the night from predators, then you don;t need to shut them in. If they aren't safe, then shut them in

Back
Top Bottom