ducks laying

trishamonks

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
hi i
i know this might sound silly but does anyone know at what age a call duck may start laying at and do i have to seperate her from my 5 call ducks when she is doing this {my call ducks are 4 weeks younger than her}

thank you
trish

hi Trishamonks.. I am new to ducks but I have 4 call ducks.. 2 boys and 2 girls... they were hatched March 15th... the gal I bought them from told me that sometimes calls can be alittle immature when laying and may lay later than most ducks..like more around 7 months... 1 of my girls tho did started laying a week ago...
smile.png
I put out free choice oyster shell since I dont have my ducks seperated (and she chows it down) and I put out a nesting box with grass and straw which she uses.. My other girl has NOT layed yet..anyway she was exactly 5 months ,which is normal for any duck....and NO they are not seperated.. she just goes in her nesting box and the others pay No attention... how old is your call??

hi hatti gun
we bought her in a pet store about 5 weeks ago and the girl there said she tought they were about 7 or 8 weeks at the time so by my reckoning she should be 12 maybe 13 weeks i made a mistake on my last post i said i have 5 other call ducks i meant to say 5 runner ducks im sorry for this
this is her here

Are you talking about the white duck? Because she looks a lot older than 12 weeks... and not like a call.. But I've never had a call duck, so maybe I'm mistaken.
Do you mean the grey one behind?
hu.gif

Also you don't need to seperate ducks at all if ones laying. None of those ducks look younger than 12 weeks, though to be honest.
Good luck with your ducks
smile.png

hi bird crazy yeah the white one she is supposedly 12 weeks and the brown one behind is one of my runners they are only young but yes i agree really big ill post more pix as soon as i can get them to stay still long enough lol

here is one i managed to get as they were runnin away hahaha

65040_spikemilly_bernyjune.jpg

these are only 8 weeks that im sure of

I dont know my ducks well at all yet but here is my white call (Omlet) around 12 wks... to me yours doesnt look like a call either , but it could just be the pic toooo????? there are ppl on here that can tell u in a sec tho if yours is a call.....

yours are all really cute tho !!!!!!!!
smile.png

43749_hpim1220.jpg

43749_hpim1217.jpg

Last edited:
lookin at yours now im startin to doubt mne she may not be a call duck but that dont matter i love her anyway
i might just post it in breed section to see anyway thanks

I would still luv her too..lol someone will be able to tell u for sure what she is, but she should lay around 20 - 24 wks if Im not mistaken....but the seasons will be changing which also affects egg laying ( cold and amount of daylight )..sorry Im not much help but this will at least bump ya.. amiga. katharind, wifezilla just off the top of my head can tell u what u need to know..
smile.png

Yeah beautiful ducks you've got
smile.png
of course you'd love em!!
But yes I dont think that is a call you've got there
tongue.png
anyone can tell you on here, like Hattie said. Good luck
smile.png

thank you everyone i posted in breeds and so far i keep gettin replies like she is a pekin hen or a cross of one

Back
Top Bottom