Ducks make "great" exercise companions XD

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chickenrandomness, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Today, my grandmother took me to a large pond thats great for jogging around. i've gone there many times before and there are always ducks and occasionly geese. Since it way late in the day, i didn't expect many ducks, but there was tons of mallards and scovies. there was even a scovie duck with ducklings! me being a very good bird catcher, i chased the ducklings around trying to corner them where 2 short concrete walls meet. the duck just followed the ducklings quacking her unhappy quacks. i had finally caught a duckling and before i knew it, that scovie was like a rocket from a launch pad! i already knew she was going to chase me because i know quite a bit about birds and their behaviors. i kept running and she started flying! i quickly turned otherwise she would have caught me, but she landed and stoped. oh, i forgot to add, i put the duckling down as soon as the mother duck started after me.

i wasn't trying to hurt or keep any ducks/drakes/ducklings, i was just testing her mother instincts [​IMG]

2. zengrrl

zengrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    I'm not sure how I would react if I saw someone chasing baby ducks at the local park. The swans seem to make short order of anyone who thinks of chasing their babies though.

3. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Hahahaha this is funny even to read. If I saw u chaseing the ducklings i prob would of helped lol.

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

5. no harm was done to the birds

i just can't help myself when it comes to catching birds! i've caught:
    below were caught by hand
    1 baby killdeer
    1 pine siskin
    2 barn swallows
    1 young cowbird