Ducks need adoption in OK!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by countyroad1330, Dec 10, 2007.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Grace and Okie, this post is for you! *haha*

Some friends of mine had to leave their home near the river when we had the flooding this summer. They couldn't take their birds with them, and are now needing to adopt out 6 ducks. I haven't seen them yet, and they know nothing about ducks, so all I know is that one is crested. As soon as the weather's better I will go look at them. She said the only other option is to release them into the wild, and I doubt they would make it [​IMG]

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Well, I am Tx, and will likely be headed to Dallas at the 1st part of Jan if that helps at all...
    Kristi

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

OH I wish I could.but with the state my trees/coops are in , it will take me weeks to rebuild and repair the ones I have now..........I know Marlys will help out and when I can she will sure give me some,like she did at the show [​IMG]

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Please contact the nearest rescuer on the Duck Rescue Network's Rescuers list. (Link in my sig line).
    If those ducks are released to the wild, they will starve or worse within a month. Especially in winter.

5. okiechick57

Terrie, I think she is contacting Marlys . whom I am sure will hold some for me [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Haha. Marlys deserves to have some thrust upon her. Hehehehe. The Enabler will be enabled.

It is finals week at the U of O, so she is really busy.
    So if she doesn't get back to you right away, keep trying!

7. okiechick57

Yea.she is an enabler all right. my newbies are happy happy swimming in the ice water [​IMG] What is U of O?

8. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I'm pretty sure it means the University of Oklahoma, hence the comment about finals week.

Jayare

9. okiechick57

Jayare's Chicks :

I'm pretty sure it means the University of Oklahoma, hence the comment about finals week.

Jayare

[​IMG]
    DUH for me uh......how funny.I SHOULD have know that one​

10. SHELLY

SHELLY Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    Southwest Missouri
    In what part of Oklahoma are the ducks?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by