1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks need homes, North Florida

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DuckLady, Jul 8, 2007.

1. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We are DESPERATE to find homes for many ducks here in the Florida Panhandle.

If any of you are willing to adopt, know someone who could help with transports (or you're willing to drive part-way), or you know someone who lives in the FL Panhandle (Tallahassee, Panama City, Pensacola, etc.), PLEASE have them contact me as soon as possible.
    Here is the list of "adoptables" that really need homes ASAP (some pictures available):

1. 4 adult ducks with "special needs": 1 male Pekin (Julius) - permanent limp due to bad foot injury, 1 male "mixed breed" (Stumpy) - has one "peg leg" due to completely missing foot, 1 female Pekin (Cleo) - no disabilities, 1 female Pekin (Crystal) - no disabilities.
    Must go in either 2 pairs or all 4 together. (Located near Fort Walton Beach/Destin)

2. 2 young Pekins: 1 female (Harriett) and 1 male (Howard) - perfectly healthy & friendly, born around Easter. MUST go together as they are a bonded pair. (Located near Fort Walton Beach/Destin)

3. 10-15 "baby" or "juvenile" ducks of assorted breeds - some are strongly bonded to humans and others are more bonded to ducks. Very friendly & great pets. May go individually, in pairs or groups. (Located near Fort Walton Beach/Destin)

4. 2 adult Pekins: unsure of exact age or names, owner passed away & family is desparate to find an adoptive home. They were hand-raised inside and need to be loved, pet ducks. (Located near Tallahassee)

PLEASE post this info on as many groups as possible or feel free to email to others. My contact info is below.
    Thanks!
    Kendra Addington
    Duck Rescue Network Board Member
    (850) 218-9923
    email: [email protected]

2. greenacreshens

greenacreshens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    Georgia
    Hello,
    Have you tried posting these on petfinder.com?
    They have a section for adoptables. You might find some takers from that site.

3. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Thank You Terrie, I emailed them and can find homes for several, I Believe. Now I have to go build another run and coop! [​IMG]

4. bobbieguyette

bobbieguyette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    I wish I was closer Id love to help![​IMG]

5. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Well, I ended up hearing from Kendra and she just happened to be coming up my way. I just got home with 3 new additions, 2 pekings and 1 Muscovy. I will post pictures when I get a chance, have a coop and run to finish. They wont stay in the brooder very long! They get big quick! LOL! [​IMG] Thank You again Terrie

6. edbama2

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Well, I have a quick pic but, am still working outside and wanted to post it. [​IMG] The Muscovey is in front and the 2 Pekins are in the back. No names as of yet but, they are too big for the brooder already. I must go out and build. I have a good start on their run already but will get less than 5 hours sleep for work tonight. [​IMG] Ok gotta go for now! [​IMG]

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You are officially addicted to quack!! Thanks for giving those babies a home! They are adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by