1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck's new home!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Wildsky, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Well, the ducks are going out earlier than I thought! They're 3 weeks old, and well MESSY!

So we got the shed ready, we only put up two panels of siding so far. Cut a hole into the chicken coop and covered it with chicken wire for now.

I took a couple of pic's with the ducks and chickens out under the apple trees.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their little sleep area, I just used a couple of bricks and a piece of wood for now. With their roasting pan for fun and games!
    [​IMG]

You can see the door to the chicken coop on the right.
    [​IMG]

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    I liked the pictures of everyone underneath the trees. They all looked like one big happy family!

-Kim

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] The ducklings were being entertained by chicken bath time [​IMG]

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    That is soooo cute! Their home looks nice and comfy. But I think you really went overboard with all them shavings.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] It was only one bag! The shed is 7x7 - I wanted to make sure they'll be cozy!

Once they're bigger they won't get that much for sure, well perhaps in winter.

6. herbandteas

herbandteas Chillin' With My Peeps

They look like a happy bunch under those trees.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:[​IMG] It was only one bag! The shed is 7x7 - I wanted to make sure they'll be cozy!

Once they're bigger they won't get that much for sure, well perhaps in winter.

Well, Wildsky, it looks very nice and clean.

8. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Your duckies are adorable, and your hens crack me up in the first pic -- looks like they're fighting over dirt bath space and they're sitting on each others' heads! [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Dust bathing with the chickens is ALWAYS funny - they go at it a few at a time. kicking dirt on each other.

I was sitting her wondering how to get 6 ducks into the shed, when it dawned on me.....................

YELLOW CROCS - worked like a charm, I just walked slowly into the shed, and 6 little ducks followed.

10. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:ha ha ha -- I'm guessing they thought your feet were little duckies?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by