Ducks not eating their duck kibble.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pam h, Jul 31, 2013.

1. pam h

pam h New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    We have 3 females (1 Cayuga and 2 white layers). They are 3 months old, happy and healthy. They free range in the backyard during the day, and are penned at night. The last couple of weeks they just have not been eating their kibble. They will certainly eat any vegetables given to them, and seem to graze all day on bugs or whatever else they get off the ground. Maybe it is just that there is so much stuff to eat naturally this time of year. Should I be worried?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Not really just keep offering it to them and they will eat when hungry. I'm thinking once it starts cooling off and bugs and worms go to hibernating they will come back to their kibble. Just be sure to change out their kibble every couple days to keep it from spoiling and molding that will make the ducks sick.. [​IMG] To keep from wasting feed just put out a small amount then if you notice they are eating it put out more, We all know feed is expensive and we sure don't want to have to throw it away.

3. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm with Miss Lydia. "They are 3 months old, happy and healthy." says it all.

4. pam h

pam h New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Thank you! That is what I thought just wanted second opinion!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by