Ducks not laying eggs???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Angie Poo, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Angie Poo

Angie Poo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2013
    Parma, Idaho
    In my group of ducks I have 4 females. My blue Swedish lost the babies she hatched about a month ago due to a dog so I don't expect her to be laying again but my other three ducks haven't layed any since I brought them back from the county fair. .

I brought the three in question to the county fair (7/30 -8/4) and I was getting 2 eggs a day between the three but ever since I brought them home and penned them up I haven't gotten a single egg. There is 1 Indian Runner, 1 Ancona and 1 Rouen. This is the first time I have penned them up so I don't know how many eggs is considered normal for them. The person that I got them from this spring had them just for their eggs and he said that he was getting quite a few.

What could be causing this? They have two kitty pools and a mister to play in. Their pen is in the shade under a tree but also has a sunny part. I feed them twice a day and they are currently getting layer crumbles. Should I be feeding them something else or in addition to it?

I was really looking forward to incubating my Indian runners eggs but I can't unless she lays some [​IMG] Any extra info on raising ducks would be greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that they have been stressed out by going to the fair. Whenever I show my chickens, they always stop laying, or at least slack off in production after going to a show.

3. Angie Poo

Angie Poo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2013
    Parma, Idaho
    That would make sense. How long do yours normally go with out laying after a show?

Good news my Indian Runner just layed her first egg since fair! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by