proudduckowner22

Chirping
Aug 8, 2022
Hi. I have about 12 or so female ducks. All under 2.5 years old. I have not received a single, not one, duck egg for 3 months now. I live in Alberta too by the way. I don’t give my ducks any supplemental heat, no heat lamps or anything. I feed my ducks once everyday, barley and 17% chicken layer feed. I used to feed them oyster shells too, but have not fed them oyster shells in a few months. Does anyone know why they aren’t laying? They should all be well over done their molt I’m sure. And I would like them back on track for laying soon. But I’m not sure when they will start laying again. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

my girl is also 2.5 (3 on may 13) and hasn't laid since late september. perfectly normal and nothing to worry about, they NEED a break from laying.

also alberta is really cold right? they most likely won't lay until march-april
Thanks very much for the reply! Yes, Alberta is extremely cold right now, where I’m at it’s almost -50 degrees Celsius with windchill, now that’s real cold!! Thank you for the info, this is my first winter owning ducks, so some of this stuff is kind of new to me, lol. I hope that the ducks are enjoying their break right now!

Hi. I have about 12 or so female ducks. All under 2.5 years old. I have not received a single, not one, duck egg for 3 months now. I live in Alberta too by the way. I don’t give my ducks any supplemental heat, no heat lamps or anything. I feed my ducks once everyday, barley and 17% chicken layer feed. I used to feed them oyster shells too, but have not fed them oyster shells in a few months. Does anyone know why they aren’t laying? They should all be well over done their molt I’m sure. And I would like them back on track for laying soon. But I’m not sure when they will start laying again. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
I'd still put out oyster shell so they can use what they need to build back their calcium reserves for when they begin laying again. I don't expect to see eggs until the days start getting longer.

Back
Top Bottom