Ducks preening chickens??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BekahsChicks, Nov 17, 2016.

1. BekahsChicks

BekahsChicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2016
    Speedwell Virginia
    So of course I didn't have my camera but I swear my 2-3 month old duck looked like she was preening one of our older hens?!?! And the chicken was like uh this is kinda weird .. I kinda like it.. Dewey duck was sticking her bill in the feathers all around Missthings crop and neck it was just soooo weird any one got any idea what was going on?? Lol

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Just make sure Dewey is not a young Drake....Drakes have a Penis and Chickens are not made to that type of breeding.....Drakes can Kill Chickens.....

Cheers!

3. BekahsChicks

Oct 15, 2016
    Speedwell Virginia
    Well we've heard definite quacks from both my duckies so I've been told onnnlllyyy girls quack...

4. chickens really

5. chickens really

Yes, Hens QUACK.....Drakes sound raspy....Like a cold or quacking after yelling BINGO......

Cheers!

6. BekahsChicks

Oct 15, 2016
    Speedwell Virginia

lol that's a funny way to think of it :). Have you ever seen a young duck do that though... I thought it was soooo weird kinda reminded me of when My horse was a baby and nursing lol kinda nosing around looking for.. something!

7. chickens really

Yes, My Ducklings would do that on my old Dog who is 14....She sleeps like the dead....lol

8. BekahsChicks

Oct 15, 2016
    Speedwell Virginia

Wow!! lol that's cute :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by