DUCKS!!! Runners...YIPPEE!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by missred871, Jul 9, 2010.

1. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Well, I am soooo excited! I finally found a local with chocolate runners! WOOP WOOP! I had 2 jumbo pekins and one well.....it got gone one night lol. Its not funny. On top of that, Marie, our Pekin turned out to be a Clyde...so no eggs, well I wanted choc. runners in the first place so I have been keeping an eye out for a new companion for Clyde since he's been driving the dog NUTS following her around and what not. so I am going tomorrow morning to pick up 2 females 1 male and a duckling that has yet to show a sex fingers crossed for a female! Will post pics when I have a chance I have a busy weekend!

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    So glad for you that you will be getting the breed and colour you wanted in th efirst place. I waited five years to get my Runners and cant believe it took me so long..... they are simply gorgeous and I cant imagine my backyard without them in it. I love spending time with mine- babies...and adults alike...

Hope your litle one is a girl too..and look forward to seeing some pics of your newbies once they are settled.

3. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:Thanks ducky! I love em they are awesome, I am thinking Clyde may end up being a girl after all, either that or Hershey has a little gender confusion lol. He rode Clyde around like a surf board in the pool today for like 10 minutes trying to mate. Made Clyde feel violated LOL. Here are the PICS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Very nice...They look very happy there by the pool.
    Poor Clyde...It may be that the she/ he is after all a she.... But also could have been some "getting to know each other and dominance" behaviour.

5. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    yeah they are fantastically happy now... though I got eggs the first few days, we aren't getting any now, I am thinking the moving stress is catching up with them.... or maybe a squirrel is getting them???? I dunno, theya re amazing though, the last couple days they have been getting supervised out of the coop time, they got a nice puddle forage today! THAY LOVED IT! I will post more pictures of that later. Headed to bed tonight I am meeting a fellow BYCer to(day)morrow and need to get to bed so I can wake up at a decent hour, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night roughly......

6. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Free ranging now, wooo hooo. they go back in the pen at night, Clyde is definately a boy though, his drake feather is getting longer and more prominent all the time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by