Ducks, Silkies, and Lucky!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TheEggCollecter, Aug 31, 2014.

1. TheEggCollecter

TheEggCollecter Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2014
    Massachusettes
    So I rescued four Cayuga ducks that someone had left in the side of the road. I brought the ducks home only to did out that one of my hens had gone broody and hatched a chick. Yes that's right one chick out of nine eggs! The mother stopped caring for the chick after three days and left her. I tried reintroducing them and putting them together away from my flock but she wanted nothing to do with lucky the chick.(her name is lucky) As a last resort I introduced Lucky to the ducklings and yet were instant friends! Lucky and the ducks lived happily for six weeks! By six weeks the ducks were almost full grown and very very messy. Too messy for me so the left for a friends farm with other ducks. Now lucky was by herself and depressed. She cried all day unless I was holding her therefore she needed a friend until she was large enough to move in with the older chickens. So I went down to the farm where I buy all my chills from an managed to come across a 8 week old black silkie to be lucky a companion I was supposed to come back with one friend for lucky but I ended up coming back with three! I couldn't help myself silkie chicks are so cute. Anyways the silkies were introduced to lucky and now they are best friends! So that's my story I will post pictures soon!

2. TheEggCollecter

Feb 16, 2014
    Massachusettes
    [​IMG]More pictures coming soon!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  3. TheEggCollecter

Feb 16, 2014
    Massachusettes
    [​IMG]
    Lucky an the ducks!