Ducks sleeping on roof no more.... :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by peterlund, Dec 9, 2010.

1. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Ok. I THOUGHT it was cute. All my neighbors smiled and pointed... 2 of my Muscovy ducks started spending the night on my roof a while back... Soon 2 more joined in and refused to go back into the coop... The two newer rebels didn't have the talents to fly up as high, so the bunch comprimised on spending the night on the railing of my deck.... Until last night that is. No bodies to be found... A huge clump of brown feathers, and a smaller pile of white featheres with a slight bit of blood... Thats all that is left! [​IMG],[​IMG],[​IMG] Should have tried harder to get them back inside.
    Just ranting.. I know it happens and I should have been more diligent. Hard lesson learned at their expense. SIGH!

I tried looking for more evidence, but nothing noticeable.. I was hoping to see one or two up in a tree, but they are nowhere in sight..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] so sorry !! I hate makin mine do something if they dont want to tooo...

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    S sorry about your ducks. thats why I trim wings.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Ouch that is so heart wrenching. [​IMG]

5. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    So sorry they didn't make it.

The first day that mine flew to the roof was the day they got a wing clipped. They hated it. I hope you can get some more soon. Country Hatchery is going to be offering colored Muscovies again this year.

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Sorry to hear about that, but it's possible that most of the others are still alive, but were scared away by whatever got one or two of them. They may be back.

7. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    That is terrible. [​IMG]

Live and learn. [​IMG] Things happen when you least expect it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:Oh my gosh im so sorry. im goin through the same thing right now i just found my goose...and wel... [​IMG]

9. peterlund

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:I am hoping for that, but am planning on the worst... They were a very happy bunch when they were a bunch. My dog is sniffing around like a maniac. There must have been mayhem. Poor babies.

10. peterlund

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:Oh my gosh im so sorry. im goin through the same thing right now i just found my goose...and wel... [​IMG]

I know how you feel... Angry, upset, confused and vengeful.... And a bit of other things. Sadly, all I wanted was to give them a fun existence. Gotta re-think all the stuff that is human I guess! Sorry about your Quacker. I had a wonderful summer with free-ranging chickens and ducks... But as winter sets in, and food gets scarce.... well our birds look mighty tasty I guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by