1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ducks sleeping on their pond - is this normal?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Duck Manor, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Duck Manor

Duck Manor Just Hatched

Mar 19, 2017
    Brisbane
    Hi I am new to the site and have 3 x gorgeous 7 week old mix breed Runners (2 F and 1 M) who I have for the first time have them play on their home made pond which is also situated inside their run. (They have taken to it like 'ducks on water').
    I noticed though that they have slept on and around the pond (on the boulders) all night. Is this ok? They don't like to sleep in the house made for them either since day 1 of being in the run? Am Just a worry wart? If they happy should I just leave them to do as they wish?....[​IMG]
    I would love some feedback and suggestions? PS their run is fully enclosed and roofed (this is a pic the boulders weren't yet in the photo but they fully surround the pond).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    Perfectly normal! My ducks sleep in the pool often :D As long as its safe for them, I think it would be fine to leave them. Looks nice and warm out there too, so I dont think you need to worry about them not being inside!

3. Duck Manor

Duck Manor Just Hatched

Mar 19, 2017
    Brisbane
    Oh thank you, that puts my mind at ease![​IMG]

4. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    [​IMG] Youre more than welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by