Jan 28, 2008
the Usa
Ok I live on 1/2 acer and I want like everything
Ducks-Turkeys-peafowl-whatever
Do they all live in a coop
Do the males make noise
I think I'm getting to attached now
I want to move to a farm

Ducks are probably relatively quiet compared to the other two. Peacocks and Turkey toms make ALOT of noise. Peafowl are also very loud.

They all need adequate shelter, as in a four sided shed. I would only suggest a three sided shed if you live in an area where the temps are relatively mild or hot.

Peafowl need a VERY large coop. The male's train (tail) can have a ten foot diameter when fully grown.

You cannot keep peafowl with any other types of fowl. In rare cases it can be done, but not with ducks, turkeys, chickens, etc. Also, turkeys and peacocks are very good flyers and will need a covered run. Peafowl will fly off if not contained for a long period of time.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask.

Besides the noise, turkeys can be highly aggressive when broody. Wings are strong enough to kill a chicken who they think is threatening their nest sight.

I have heard people say that those peafowl are extremely noisey! Will make a nice collection though, lucky you for having the room to keep all those critters!!! Didn't see chickens in that list, lol!!!!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom