Ducks?

thenewducklady

Hatching
Apr 26, 2016
Frazier Park
Hey all! I am a new duck owner and every time I search for info I was lead to this site. Any other crazy duck people out there? Most of the people in my small town think that I am out of my mind for getting ducks instead of chickens. So I'm really just trying to get a good group together in case i have questions later on.This is all mew to me!
1f49b.png
Liz

Hi Liz and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Whilst i do not keep ducks myself, there are plenty of members that do, so you are certainly in the right place! The "duck" thread is the best place to post any questions that you may have.

All the best
CT

Lots of duck people around here. In fact one of the forums is dedicated to nothing but ducks. I have chickens now and have 4 ducklings and 3 goslings arriving next week. Have learned a ton on here about taking care of them when they arrive.

All my friends thought (and a few think) that I was crazy to get ducks. But I love them sooo much. I have a house situtated in a small city with a tiny garden and I still manage to fit them both in!

My friends thought it was weird, too. Makes perfect sense though since I have a pond with a stream running through it. They're also better adapted to my winters. Raising them since day olds has been a fun experience and one of mine is like a dog and comes right up to beg for food when I'm eating outside. Love them!

Hey all! I am a new duck owner and every time I search for info I was lead to this site. Any other crazy duck people out there? Most of the people in my small town think that I am out of my mind for getting ducks instead of chickens. So I'm really just trying to get a good group together in case i have questions later on.This is all mew to me!
1f49b.png
Liz
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome. Many of us have ducks along with our chickens I have four khaki campbells. They are supposed to be a great breed for eggs. In the past I have had pekings and muskovies.
Now I have a pair of geese on my wish list. (All part of chicken math.)
What kind of ducks do you have?

Back
Top Bottom