Ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by thenewducklady, Apr 26, 2016.

1. thenewducklady

thenewducklady New Egg

Apr 26, 2016
    Frazier Park
    Hey all! I am a new duck owner and every time I search for info I was lead to this site. Any other crazy duck people out there? Most of the people in my small town think that I am out of my mind for getting ducks instead of chickens. So I'm really just trying to get a good group together in case i have questions later on.This is all mew to me!
    [​IMG]Liz

2. TwinsLoveChicks

TwinsLoveChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    At the coop
    My Coop
    I don't have ducks, but I would love to get some!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Liz and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Whilst i do not keep ducks myself, there are plenty of members that do, so you are certainly in the right place! The "duck" thread is the best place to post any questions that you may have.

All the best
    CT

4. wamtazlady

wamtazlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Kalispell MT
    Lots of duck people around here. In fact one of the forums is dedicated to nothing but ducks. I have chickens now and have 4 ducklings and 3 goslings arriving next week. Have learned a ton on here about taking care of them when they arrive.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens - you can post on the "Duck thread." just put it in the search box and it will pop up

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. RavenClawPekin6

RavenClawPekin6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2015
    Kilkenny, Ireland
    All my friends thought (and a few think) that I was crazy to get ducks. But I love them sooo much. I have a house situtated in a small city with a tiny garden and I still manage to fit them both in!

8. NJWMaine

NJWMaine Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2016
    Maine
    My friends thought it was weird, too. Makes perfect sense though since I have a pond with a stream running through it. They're also better adapted to my winters. Raising them since day olds has been a fun experience and one of mine is like a dog and comes right up to beg for food when I'm eating outside. Love them!

9. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] Welcome. Many of us have ducks along with our chickens I have four khaki campbells. They are supposed to be a great breed for eggs. In the past I have had pekings and muskovies.
    Now I have a pair of geese on my wish list. (All part of chicken math.)
    What kind of ducks do you have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by