Ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shooter 1976, Feb 22, 2017.

1. shooter 1976

shooter 1976 New Egg

Feb 22, 2017
    I want to start a small flock of guineas to help with the bugs around the house but My wife has a small flock of ducks already. Do guines and duck do well together?or is my wife going to be really upset with me bring them home

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Don't do ducks or guineas..anyone else here?

3. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I have had guinea's and ducks with no problem with each other, but the ducks had the pond and the guinea's had the fields. Problem was I could never keep the quinea's, because the hawks in the day, plus a sly fox or 2, owls in the night----I never had any luck until I started keeping the guinea's penned up. Hatched many keets from their eggs. Defeats the purpose of having them but I was a breeder so they added income to my hatching operation.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under shooter 1976 [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with Guineas or Ducks but BYC does have a Forum for each:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/45/guinea-fowl
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard. I currently have chickens, geese, and guineas. The chickens and the guineas leave everyone else alone. The geese bully all those they can - the chickens, guineas, dogs, cats - me if I'd let them! Fortunately, they are soon bound for the roaster. I have found my guineas to be very aloof to everything else on the farm and just kind of do their own thing. Good luck to you and your flock!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I do think the respective threads ie, ducks and guineas will give you good advice on combining the two or not. I have no experience with either.

7. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Before getting the guineas, you might want to run the idea past your wife first, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by