ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by babychicks7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. babychicks7

babychicks7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    missouri
    can you keep call ducks with regular white ducks and mallards? our neighbor down the road has abandoned his ducks he finally told us we could have them if we can catch them. the poor babies were starving, we have been feeding them but didnt know if they would do well with our calls?

2. mustangrooster

mustangrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there!

Oh those poor ducks! Im so glad your out to help them.

I imagine you can keep them together. You will have to be careful of the big ducks mating the calls or even the other way around! How many drakes is there? Im not that much of help since i do not own calls so take a look at these 2 threads:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/410975/can-you-house-call-ducks-with-regular-ducks
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/477665/can-call-ducks-free-range-with-larger-ducks

Best of luck!

-Mustang

3. babychicks7

babychicks7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2014
    missouri
    aw thank you very helpful.. there is 2 white ducks ( standard white i believe) 2 drakes (smaller) and 2 muscovy female ducks was 3 more but the other neighbor didnt want them in his watering hole so he caught them and hauled them off this is how i found out the other guy didnt want the ducks anymore.. its really sad and really upsets me.. we are now having to coax the muscovies to eat and to trust us after what happened to the others the whites are a little more trust worthy and werent scared to death so we think we might be able to catch them now since they are running up to us when we bring them the food. there was also a chicken and a rooster left behind also ,the rooster found his way to us now we just have to catch the hen also!! will keep you posted on our progress. thank you for the help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by