Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckMadness, Mar 1, 2017.

1. DuckMadness

DuckMadness Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2017
    So I don't think it's bad but when my ducklings sit down they sometimes stretch out on of their legs. Is this bad or are they simply just doing that, stretching?

2. Ashleymarie529

Ashleymarie529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    Katy (Houston), TX
    My ducks do it all the time when they are chilling in the yard in a pile of cuteness. As far as I know, this is totally normal :D [​IMG]

The only time this has ever been a problem for me is when Rosie (my buff) was having seizures, she would stretch out both legs and curl her neck completely backwards to her tail and then convulse. As long as that's not happening, your duck is just relaxing and stretching her legs :)

In retrospect, I hope I didn't just scare you with my seizure story... my point is, your ducky is doing ducky things!

3. DuckMadness

DuckMadness Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2017
    Hahaha no no your fine it was just cool to me I didn't know they did that as I've never seen one in the wild do it. I guess cause they are always on the lookout for predators but at least I know what to look for if that is to happen. My girlfriend is epileptic and she's has a dog the same way so it's nothing new to me but thank you for the insight.

4. Ashleymarie529

Ashleymarie529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2017
    Katy (Houston), TX
    Anytime [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by