Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Theduckyoulookingat, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Theduckyoulookingat

Theduckyoulookingat Hatching

Mar 25, 2018
    My 3 week ducking has a lump on his neck they eat and drink fine one duck likes to eat siting down , she walks like shes drunk her feet go inward when she walks w hen she lays down her feet always go out as if shes stretching and she has diarrhea can somebody help me asap please[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    Maybe her crop is full? Usually is after eating.

3. Theduckyoulookingat

Mar 25, 2018
    does that effect her walking and her laying down when she eats/drink

4. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    No that won't affect her walking. Sometimes my ducks will eat laying down. I think that's okay. Does she only eat laying down? Or just sometimes? The leg streching is normal. My ducks do that too.
    What are you feeding them? if she seems lethargic often she may need more niacin. They sell brewers yeast which you add to their food. I'm no duck expert but I do have ducks so I know a little. :)

5. Theduckyoulookingat

Mar 25, 2018
    she eats laying down most of the time , we are feeding them duck starter grower . where can i find the brewers yeast ? and you been such a help this is our first time having duck i just got scared and does youre ducks make a fist all the time

6. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

you can find small things of brewers yeast (also called nutritional yeast) with the popcorn seasonings.

OR you can get a much larger bag at your feed store. There you can buy "farm grade" which is much less money than "human grade"

Miss Lydia likes this.
  7. Theduckyoulookingat

Mar 25, 2018
    Update I feed them Brewers yeast it still hasn't gone down I tried rubbing it he puked chuncks of it

8. Alaskan

what hasn't gone down? If you sprinkle some brewers yeast on their food then they just eat it with the feed....

Miss Lydia likes this.
  9. Katie Rossi

Katie Rossi Chirping

Jun 21, 2017
    I am taking care of a Peking duck for my daughter because her Drake was mounting her every day and has sores no feathers on her neck. Anyway you get the picture, she needed to heal. Here's my question. I have 2 grown ducks both hens, small compared to her, the Pekingfollows them around and they just runfrom her. Will they ever be her friend??

10. Alaskan

it takes mine a week, maybe 2 to settle after a change in the flock.

do make sure no one is getting hurt, and everyone is getting food to eat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: