Ducks?

Birddog1148

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Sandusky Ohio
So last year I added a pair of Khaki Campbell ducks to my flock. I had my brother incubate some eggs and it looks like I will have 1 one and maybe up to 3. Will I be able to successfully brood only 1 duckling? Can I give it back to the mother? I have always raised at least 6 at a time. My current brooder box is in the coop and the ducks and chickens all use it.

So, Pretty sure it quacked a real quack yesterday. The one we hatched not the other two. They are all starting to get their feathers Hoping it is a female.

Attachments

• 7 8 20 ducks.jpg
    7 8 20 ducks.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 2
Ducks definitely do better in groups so I’m glad there’s some friends now. Having said that we had only one duckling hatch once and we put a mirror in with him as a “friend” And he did ok until we got more real friends for him (I think it was about a week). Not ideal but in a pinch for short term a Murrow can help

Well my brother says it lived through the night, we will get it out of the incubator this afternoon. He says no sign the other two eggs are hatching yet, my hen duck lays some really hard shell eggs.

Back
Top Bottom