Ducky bed time with photos

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Jan 5, 2011.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

The dipsy ducks go 1st..I got them from BYCer DipsyDoodleDoo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then because the others took so long to go up the Dipsy ducks headed backout again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then the babies turn
    [​IMG]
    I only got 1 photo coz I tripped over the darn cat
    [​IMG]
    The babies side of the room is 12 x 8
    [​IMG]
    The big ducks side is 12 x 10ish
    [​IMG]
    Just incase you are wondering about the walls being striped half way. The goats tore down their fenceing 2 years ago and they stayed in that room untill we re did the whole fence. They got to wander during the day and were put up in there at night.

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Pretty ducks living in palatial digs! Mine are now jealous! [​IMG]

3. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    I think your ducks' house is bigger than my house that I live in! [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    What is that house gofaststripe? it looks like an old house that you've converted. Actually I just saw where you are from and the house makes me think of houses you might see down a side road in middle South Carolina, Ga. Fla. in the country.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The house I live in now was built by the son of the couple who lived in the OLD HOUSE as we call it. We werent to keen on it when we bought the place but you have no idea how much we use it. When we 1st got the minis we bought 500 square bales and filled 3 of the rooms and the hallway. We covered the windows so the hay wouldnt get sun bleached and that hay lasted us a long time. Now 2 rooms are empty and the hallway and we use round bales now and just peel it of. When we walk out of out garage its the 1st thing we see and has been a great thing to have for us. The goats use 1 porch as their shelter, the front porch we use to go in and out and where we put our JUNK so to speak or stuff we dont use, spare fencing, posts, even my mini spreader so it doesnt get rusty sittin goutside. Now the hall is blocked off so its 1 less door to worry about with preditors getting the ducks. The cats sleep in there too and we never see mice in there. The guy we bought the property from put a new roof on it and put up new walls inside. It doesnt have any electricity or water and I can live with that. We love out our old house. If people round here ask where we live we tell them ..the old Hilley house and they know where we live. The Hilleys lived in this house for years. I believe they have both past now with old age so this property has been here quite a while.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    very cool...[​IMG]

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    those were awesome pictures. thanks made me smile

8. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    What spoiled ducks! They have the life. It's adorable how the ducks go to bed in a row like that. Great pictures--very cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by