Ducky Christmas present?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by priss, Dec 12, 2009.

1. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    I was thinking of getting one of those duck wiggly worm toys for my 3 little escape artists, (wriggled under the fence and were caught happily making holes in my neighbours pristine, putting green style lawn. Boy were they MAD when I fooled them into coming back with a bowl of peas and then plugged up the hole lol. Thank goodness for peas!!) Are they easy to get hold of? Where can I buy them?
    Oooh also, they're around 10 months old now, is that about laying age? The poop in their hut was really big and odd today and they've been a little nutso, extra noisy and kinda frisky. They in super good health though, they spent all day swimmin an runnin up an down the garden and havin a nice time. When I caught them in my neighbours garden they were very funny, they could tell that I couldn't get over the fence an they were all lookin at me like 'Ya? Whatcha gonna do about it?'
    x
    ps
    I don't have a camera just a phone and I would totally bore you all crazy with pictures of my little chubby cuties but I have nooo idea how to put a picture from my phone onto this forum. If anyone has any tips, that'd be great. Or if anyone wants to make u for the fact that I never post pictures by puttin pics of their little angels on, that'd be great. I don't think lookin at duck pictures EVER gets old, right? I could look allll day, or at least, all evenin when my 3 have gone to bed cos otherwise I go outside an watch em lol.
    xxxx

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    i have a wiggalee wor, for my ducks. they play with it sometimes. You'll have to wash the rubber bands off when you get it, as they have a weird powder that tastes bad on them (normal for rubber bands). My ducks didn't like the taste and it turned them off to it. I try to switch out their toys to give them something new to play with every couple weeks. I also give them a wide variety of parrot toys, particularly the ones with mirrors and bells.

3. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    I think the best present for ducks is food! [​IMG]

I'm getting our ducks a big bag of feeder fish for Christmas. [​IMG]

4. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Quote:I saw the bathtub fish video and bought 60 feeders for my three duck's pool thinking that there was no way they could eat and/or catch all 60 feeders, but when I checked back in an hour they were all gone.

I'm getting them more feeders for Christmas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by