Ducky my serama hen- too funny

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KellyandKatie, May 3, 2009.

1. KellyandKatie

KellyandKatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I think this is funny- but my hubby is not laughing so much
    I have a wonderful pair of sermaras, Tappy and Ducky
    They have a chicken flock family outside that they live with during the day, but at night they come inside
    well, Ducky lately just wants to be with people, and just wants to be inside. She snubs her yard time to just hang in the house, or just be with me. I adore this hen. She pushes her way past my dogs and hubby to get herself into our house- she is just Ducky.
    Tappy the roo does come inside with her sometimes during teh day, but mostly stays outside with his other hens, I have to carry him inside every night.
    Tonight when I went to go lock up the birds and bring Tappy and Ducky inside I could not find Ducky. Panic set in and I searched HIGH in the trees ( serama owners know how high these guys can fly) and I searched low in the ferns, all the time getting more and more worried. I desided that maybe she has snuck in the doggy door again and to search the house.
    I looked in all her usual places. No Ducky
    Then I looked in our master bedroom. She is not allowed in our master bedroom. Yet snuggled squack dap in the center of our California King bed, nested up in my grandmothers quilt lay Ducky.
    I started to laugh at how pampered my little girl has gotten and called hubby to tell him I had found her and he had to come see where
    He was not humored( not a chicken kind of guy to begin with) and says I need to pick her up and get her off the bed and wash all teh blankets (no she did not have any accidents )
    but when I picked her up.... yup. She had laid an egg on our bed
    [​IMG]

i thought it was hilarious ( she lays about 5-6 eggs a week, not quite one a day, but almost, she is a good layer for a serama I guess)

Anyway, she is now tucked snug into her night box in the garage for the night- but I just had to share

I think there might be a 'you might be a redneck if' joke bursting out of this one... or ' you might be a serama mommy if'
    I will have to get some pics of my Ducky girl

2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    LOL, that is hilarious! [​IMG]

3. misty7850

misty7850 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Fort Covington, NY
    That is too funny.. Thanks for sharing

4. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Love it! I wanna see some pictures! My DH would be the same way. He tolerates them out of love for me. Its so funny when he tries to be interested for me!

5. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Awww what an adorable story, thanks for the smiles.

I want some Seramas so bad!

6. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    That is awesome!! Seremas sure are cute!! I love them! [​IMG]

7. sethsleader

sethsleader Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Portreath
    And I thought my girls were pampered!! [​IMG]

8. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Awwwwwwwwwww! [​IMG]

9. GoldenSilverLaced

GoldenSilverLaced Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    East Central IL
    That is ADORABLE, I would also think that it was funny and my fiancee would not. I keep telling him I want to cuddle with the girls at night and his eyes widen a little like "you can't be serious....you are serious...you're insane". too cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by