Duct tape confessions

NovaAman

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 6, 2011
In Happy Chickenland, Holland MI
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, I know that I can not be the onlyest person to use duct tape for fixin it good....

So here is my confession....

October 2010 my beloved Father passed away... I had so many things to do, the last thing I had time for was a bad kitchen pipe. The pipe just completely rusted through. I could squeeze it and it would crush! Water was every where and I couldn't get a new pipe. Drain pipe that is. So, I dried the pipe, cleaned up the water and whipped out the trusty duct tape. I ran a piece along the bottom often pipe, then proceeded to wrap the crap out of the pipe... Here it is, 15 months later. The pipe is still not replaced. The duct tape is still holding. So sad...

Well you have mine, what's yours?

to fix a broken plate........
hide.gif

My dad is so bad about using duck tape, that a few years ago I found a t shirt that had a picture of a roll of duck tape on it. Under the picture it said I can fix anything.... Wheres the duck tape. Needless to say, he loved it.

To fix a busted trailer hitch
hide.gif
we were desperate to get the POS home so we literally MacGyvered a 'fix' with duct tape, bungee cord, and gum (no lie!). We lost several years of our lives with that trailer rodeo...

My boyfriend and I use to live in an apartment. I had a space cut out in the wall for a window air conditioning unit. But it didn't fit right, so I used duct take to seal it off to keep bugs from getting in. It would also leak bad when it rained, I couldn't fix that. Another time the toilet cover to the tank broke in half, my mom's husband John taped it back together with white duct tape.

I owned a 1969 Volkswagen Bus. I am all about "Automotive-grade Juicy Fruit".

If she can't find you handsome she should at least find you handy.

Last edited:
Duct tape is very important for my hubby! He has 101 uses of duct tapes for everything from car lights to rigging the corner or post of a broken tent pole, stayed up during the high winds which it really did surprised me!

Back
Top Bottom