Duct tape on curled toes...HELP

chick100

In the Brooder
May 4, 2016
Would like credible help please:
I have 3 newly hatched chicks and one has curled toes. So in my panic to try to fix it...I used duct tape. Yes it was dumb...I know that now. But he/she can't walk at all like her little buddies can. So seeing that, I thought, why don't I take it off abd use masking tape, I mean it's lighter, right? So I took her out of the incubator and set to work and quickly realized that duct tape, stuck to itself, is IMPOSSIBLE to get off. In the process her nail started to bleed a bit. What do I do? Do I take steps to take it off now? Or wait until her toes are straight, and then try? Help needed please!! And she just hatched this morning.

Alright, thank you to all who replied! I ended up using baby oil and a q-tip, and it worked like a charm. Ok, so I didn't do it, but a friend of mine did. I take no credit. But for anyone out there with the same problem...use baby oil to coax the tape apart. It takes about 15 minutes and is fairly easy. BUT if you are reading this and haven't put any tape on, DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE! Use masking tape. It's so much easier! Good luck on future endeavors! :)

Glad it worked out
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom