Due date Saturday! Candling Wed! Aaagh!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wvcruffler, Jun 15, 2009.

1. wvcruffler

wvcruffler In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Elkins, WV
    Howdy all,
    I am nervous! This incubation has so much more stability, with 42% humidity and 99.5 deg about 99% of the time with no more than 1/2 degree variation that I have seen. The incubator was spotless when i loaded it and the roller has worked just as before. I put in about 1/2 doz local fresh fertile eggs to act as a control to see how the shipped eggs do in comparison. Honestly I will be pretty upset Wednesday if I candle and there is less than 50% developed. I will post my result then and again on Monday. My current chicks are now nearly a month old and have been moved into the big cage. So far they seem to be doing well.
    Well, anyway, good luck all!
    Dr.Phil

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Songster

How exciting! There's nothing like waiting for a hatch! Frustrating and very exciting at the same time! What kind of eggs are you incubating?

3. wvcruffler

wvcruffler In the Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Elkins, WV
    Several different breeds - an assortment of marans (cuckoo, BC), a few gamefowl, a few heavy breeds (delaware, barred rock crossed), a BLRW egg, a few yokohama, and some blue andulasians. It is a marsh roll-x which holds a pretty huge # of eggs and it about 80% full. The half dozen local eggs are brown "barnyard encounter" eggs from a fine homesteader i know. They were about 24 hour old when I set them. I ran the incubator 72 hours and adjusted temp and humidity just where I wanted it before setting all the eggs. I hope it turn out OK!
    Dr.Phil

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: