Due to hatch are some silkie, cross polish, cross gold laced, cross warren!! Pics.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kellysmall87, Jan 6, 2013.

1. kellysmall87

kellysmall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

So I've been off here for a while, busy with my broody hen! It is winter here, but quite a warm winter for a change. Instead of 5 degrees C outside, it is a comfortable 12 degrees C, give or take. So I think this is the reason why my white silkie, Teal, has decided it's a good time to raise some chicks!

At first, she just had one egg, so I thought, "it wont hurt to let her hatch one". THEN, I noticed I weren't getting any eggs from the other hens. I looked under Teal and she had collected 12!

[​IMG]

So, that is quite a collection of eggs!
    The Rooster is a gold laced wyandotte crossed with something else, white skinned, maybe a polish due to his crest and feathery feet.
    The eggs in there are all fathered by the roo mentioned above, and the hens are:
    - Warren (the big eggs)
    - Black skinned, mostly black feathered gold laced wyandotte crossed with polish or silkie.
    - Buff coloured gold laced cross, but more speckly than gold laced.
    - and of course, my two pure white silkies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is now separated from the rest of the chickens, in her own little broody pen in the garage...

[​IMG]

I will post pictures of the chicks for anyone interested in this mix of breeds! They are due this week sometime!

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    it always warms my heart to see a nest full of eggs about to hatch... all I can say is none of them will have black skin...

3. kellysmall87

Thanks for the reply! They are due to hatch anytime now but none have as of yet I m sure they are overdue. May candle later. :(

4. kellysmall87

hatching today!

5. I want them! Lol

6. kellysmall87

[​IMG]

7. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    too bad we cant sex them... if the cross was the other way around(silkie rooster) then we could sex them

8. kellysmall87

That's quite fascinating! I wish I knew more about genetics!

9. kellysmall87

Here they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. nicalandia

Jul 16, 2009
    please keep us updated on a weekly base on this chicks ok, I´m very interested on seeing them grow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by