Due to hatch in 5 days :) questionss.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZoeS95423, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Okay, So my eggs that im incubating ( welsh harlequin, trout indian runner, and muscovies) are due to hatch on the 20th, I am very impatiently waiting. [​IMG] Anyway, So I have a few questions. when they are babies lets say 4 or 5 days old , they will be in the "baby bird coop" which has a door in the back which goes to a small outdoor pen about 6 by 6 ft.

Will they beable to go outside and pick through the grass & dirt for the day?
    And when they are a week or 2 old, I will be puttin a tote lid in the their ( only about 2 or 3 inches deep) of water. This is what I did with my khakis to get them used to water.
    Is this going to be okay?

Its about 75-80 degrees here during the day, but it gets around 60 at night, so I will have a heat lamp for them.

2. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    That sounds like a great set up. I would keep a heat lamp available all day long for te first week. but then I would say you should be fine during the day.
    The most definatly can go outside. Just be sure they can get back in where its warm and dry and they arent out for too long.
    It sounds to me like you have everything sorted out! [​IMG]
    Good luck and post pictures! (I especially want to see those trout runners! I want to get myself some eventually.

Emily

3. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Okayyy! I deffinatly will! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by