Due to hatch march 9th

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hnbubz, Feb 21, 2009.

1. hnbubz

hnbubz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    anyone who is due to hatch march 9th can also post here [​IMG]) im due to hatch then

2. Chic Chick

Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    East Central Alberta
    Me too! I've got 42 ameraucana eggs due to hatch on the 9th.
    [​IMG]

3. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    I'm due to hatch on the 6th - I just candled on day 7, and all but 2 of my 16 set eggs are developing! I had set 2 Mille Fleur Frizzles, 1 polish, 1 golden comet, and 12 EEs (2 of the EES aren't developing). I wonder what do do with the two that aren't developing... I think they just weren't fertile... They're clear except for the yolk, which isn't veined or anything... should I throw them out or what? Em

4. Chic Chick

Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    East Central Alberta
    I'd wait and candle them again in case they're just late..then any clears would be taken out.
    I candled yesterday and 39 out of 42 were growing. [​IMG] I'm not sure about another 1 so I'll check it again in a few days along with the other 2 that looked clear. [​IMG]
    Good luck with your hatch, and keep us updated!
    CC

5. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    We are hatching on March 7th. We candled on day 7, I think we are 20/20. The four blue eggs were too dark to see through, but the eggs had too weight to them.

We should get: Standard Dark Cornish, a few WLR Cornish, Blue egglayers (AmerucanaxEEhens).

6. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    I've got 13 mixed eggs in the bator due March 9. Roo was a Light Brahma that decided he would have me...so we had him instead. We were going to wait until one went broody, but that didn't have a chance to happen. So we have eggs from EE's, light brahmas, a dominique, and some Rhode Island Reds. I already killed one egg that I thought was unfertile - terrible mistake, but very educational. I candled today and think we are 100% so far. It's our first hatch.

7. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    That's great, Vivki! What kind of incubator are you using, and what are your temp and humidity holding at (usually)? I think it's interesting that so many people use so many different ways to hatch their chicks, but then so many people insist that it's got to be 'exact'.... I would love to see what everyone is using!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by