d'ukies??? Lots of pictures!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by torrelee, Aug 11, 2011.

1. torrelee

torrelee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    So my little girls are now just over 2 months old. Thought I was getting three day old silkies:
    [​IMG]
    I figured out at a little over a month that they weren't what I had thought... I'm guessing that they are silkiexd'uccle crosses as the lady I picked them up from had both. They were hatched out by a cute little mille fleur. This is them at a little over a month:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is them today, 3 months and 3 days old. What do you think, are they d'ukies and both girls?? They look girly to me, so cute and tiny!
    [​IMG]
    puffy heads and cheeks:
    [​IMG]
    fully body of calliope:
    [​IMG]
    Korima's gold necklace coming in, appeared about a week ago:
    [​IMG]
    Korima's comb, Calliope looks the same, very small.... should be girls right???
    [​IMG]
    Fringy feathers:
    [​IMG]
    hard feathers on their legs:
    [​IMG]
    There were silkies, turkens, millie fleur d'uccle, and another banty roo at the farm, I'm guessing the d'uccle crossed with the silkie and that they are both girls..... any opinions??

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I have no clue but love the name!

3. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Beautiful, look just like my girl, Mo.
    [​IMG]

4. torrelee

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    I'm digging the faux hawks! Do you know what Mo is?

5. JulieNKC

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    A silkie x something tiny, lol. She's about half the size of my silkies (although quite a bit of them is fluff) and lays a teeny bright white egg. She was sold to me as a silkie, but obviously she has something else since she isn't silkie feathered. [​IMG] She has a lot of feathers on her feet, a single comb, and body and staure wise looks like a d'uccle to me, but I couldn't say for sure.
    [​IMG]

6. torrelee

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    They look pretty flippin identical, but I dont think mine are single comb... it looks V shaped, maybe thats just where it ties into their combs? I'll have to look closer when it gets light outNext time I try and buy a silkie I think I'm gonna go for an adult, lol!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  7. JulieNKC

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:Hopefully they are girls then, they look like it to me anyway. I couldn't see Mo's comb until she started laying, lol.

8. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Quote:What color is that silkie in the front - pistachio? [​IMG]

9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I think you're right on track with your guess. They are definitely half silkie, and those little cheek muffs and fluffy feet are unmistakably D'Uccle.

THey're so cute! [​IMG]

10. torrelee

Apr 6, 2011
    long beach, wa
    I like them a lot... but I'm terrified to let them out of the grow out pen. My wyandottes and brahma were bigger at 4 weeks then these girls are at 2 months. I'm a little worried that they will get beat up by the big girls, or eaten by a neighborhood cat that comes into my yard hunting mice.
    My thought is that I should move their tractor into my garden and let them run rampant in there... Two tiny chickens cant destroy too much right??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by