14 Years
Sep 6, 2009
SE PA
About an hour ago I was woken up by a horrible smell. My shepherd got skunked
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
BF had her out and I guess didn't see the stinky little critter
smack.gif
Now she doesn't smell, but the house does, ugg.
barnie.gif
I am not normally bothered by skunk spray, but this is making me nauseous.
sickbyc.gif
I sprayed perfume on my pillow and tried vicks too, nothing. Luckily it is starting to fade.

It just happened here too!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=587010

Lots of people had great ideas. The one that worked best was to wash the dogs down in the peroxide/baking soda/Dawn mixture and then boil the vinegar mixture to help the house. I just got a bottle of the Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover, but I haven't had a chance to wash down the porch. The smell will eventually get better. Mine isn't gone yet, but the house is liveable.

Good luck. I feel your pain.
smile.png

Thanks, we are going to get some of the Natures Miracle today. Brian got the worst of the smell off her. He said he hosed her off and then washed her with two cans of tomatoes. Then I mixed up some Peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. But we only had a little peroxide. Now the smell is mostly gone in the house, but man, it was RANK.
sickbyc.gif
And to make it all better our basset hound (who is in love with the shepherd) had to rub his head on her and got some of the skunk spray on himself.

Oh, and I hope the smell in your home goes away soon.

Last edited:
The peroxide/baking soda/Dawn dish soap solution works best.

Last Halloween my dog "played" with a skunk and got sprayed right upside her face. Just what I wanted to do at 10:00 at night after taking the kids trick or treating.
barnie.gif
It smells even worse when it rains and she got wet. Even months later, you could still smell it on her when it rained. She's staying INSIDE this Halloween.

Back
Top Bottom