Dumb Catch Phrases

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 33yardbirds, Apr 20, 2011.

1. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    If I hear "My Bad" one more time I think I will scream! Or what "Goes around comes around".

2. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    There have only been two that bugged me over the years.

One was, "Don't worry, be happy." When I had finantial problems I was actively trying to work through at one point in my life, it was invariably repeated by some unemployed slacker, living off his relatives. [​IMG]

The other one was, "Love means never having to say I'm sorry." This was heard when I was very young and dating, usually after some jerk of a young man had done something really terrible. At least I never had to hear it from the same jerk twice. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I hate! and I do mean hate! Well shut the front door!

4. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    EVOO, then having to explain what the dang letter stand for. Just use butter, makes it better all the way around.

5. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

One that bugs me is "not for nothing, but..." which to me is just a waste of words.... [​IMG]

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    "Know what I'm saying?"
    "Like" before every other word.

7. outdoor junkie

outdoor junkie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    Flushing
    It's not whether you win or lose- bull everything in life come's down to winning or losing in some aspect.
    I also always hated that EVOO thing, actually I hate everything rachel ray says. Just say olive oil. it's not that hard.

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:well in a cookings how if it calls for extra virgin olive oil they need to specify it, extra virgin olive oil is NOT the same thing as plain olive oil,. One has a much stronger flavor than the other and can over power delicate dishes. Though I agree. I don't understand why they don't say "extra virgin Olive Oil"

9. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I don't like "don't go there" and talk to the hand" and "that's sick!" when someone thinks something is good.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

True dat. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by